Ir al contenido principal

Pets are an important part of the family.



                  Everybody is really busy these days. It is time to celebrate and give thanks to those who were with us all the year working, supporting us, spending time in us. It is also time to think about our loving beings, how do we show the love we feel for them, what kind of things do they enjoy doing? What would they like to recieve from us? Little details do the best memories: a little card, a smile, a big hug or a simple touch in the shoulder to make people feel we are there for them, that we listened carefully to every word they said and understood all of them. However, we also want to give something that stays in the mind and links with our image. 

                        This year I had spent some months with my daugther's dog, her name is Night. I had beautiful moments taking her to a walk by the sea, playing and sleeping with her. Now that it is winter, I wanted to sew something to keep her warm. So I created this piece recycling my daugther's old broken jeans and combining it with other colors and textures. I hope Night can find comfort in it, she definitely is an important part of our family.



Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Leftovers

According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary, a leftover is something that remains unused or unconsumed; it is a residue. I'm not here to do the work of a dictionary but to call the attention about the form we usually consume. We think we never have enough so It is easy to grab more than we really need. I don't know the reason but we've learned to live with an expectation of scarcity. It wouldn't be a problem if we accept to consume what we get, but we don't, so the leftovers end into the trash can. It is easy to throw everything away and forget about what it is going to be. The problem is that this behavior is causing a big problem to our planet in terms of contamination of the soil, air and water. We can take two little steps to solve this big problem: reducing the quantity we consume to adjust it to what we really need, and recycling all that is recyclable.  When I'm working on my pieces, I put the leftovers into a bag, and later, I try to think about ho...

Works finished!

It is a satisfaction to see the works done. I enjoy the time I spend in each piece, adding details, day by day, until I feel it is enough. I put lot of love in every touch and then, when is time to let them go, I just hope people can feel it and enjoy using it. The dog quilt is on its way to her new home. Thanks!

Colorful Yarn

               Hey, dear friends, over here in this South of the world it's winter break; the cold weather invites us to drink hot beverages and stay longer in bed with thick covers and the heater on. I thought about what I did last winter: I wanted to do something useful for people in need with my group of friends. I had some leftover yarn at home I didn't know what to do with, so I came up with the idea I could knit some blankets for newborns. I communicated the idea to my friends and, one of them said she knew an institution called "Madrinas por la vida" who take care of women saved from the abortion process. They needed not only psychological support but also financial until they could get along with life by themselves. We got to work immediately. Some knitted baby boots, others sewed blankets made of polar fabric, a little group decided to buy baby clothes, and I knitted baby blankets.               ...